GCR Score - Service
Top extra or added services in a clinic make the whole treatment journey much more pleasant for the patient.
- but how do you measure just how good the level of services provided in any particular clinic are?
The GCR makes this instantly easy by assessing the services a clinic provides for you against international medical standards and giving it a Services Score. The GCR Services Score makes up one of the 4 "GCR Pillars" that we use to judge the overall apparent quality standard of any particular clinic in the world.
Here's a brief overview of what the GCR looks for when assessing the facilities of a particular healthcare clinic, whatever branch of medicine they focus on:
- The availability of a patient manager
- The transparency of the clinic's policy, pricing and documentation
- Any support regarding travelling to the clinic
- Any free extra services (consultation, food, diagnostics)
- Opening hours
- Communication services such as the clinics website & social media accounts
The above items and much more are all computed against the currently available international data in GCR's algorithm, which generates a GCR Services Score for the clinic.
GCR accredited & verified clinics can access the breakdown of their GCR Services score, compare it against of their clinics, and see which areas they need to work on to improve.
Note: The GCR Services Score for any particular clinic will change regularly as new services are introduced and some services dropped.
The services of any particular medical clinic does not focus on the expertise, the facilities or the patient feedback about the services available in the clinic, all that is covered in another section of the GCR Score.